April 17, 2019
Whipped Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 stick softened butter aka 1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- In large mixing bowl combine shortening, butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and begins to lighten. This is easiest in a kitchen aid mixer, but a hand mixer can also work just might take longer.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar, and 1 Tablespoon of milk. Beat until well combined and light. If need be scrap sides to make sure everything is mixed together.
- Repeat with remaining sugar and milk, using 1 cup of sugar and 1 T of milk at a time. Once everything is incorporated make sure to continue whipping the frosting until texture is light and color lightens up. Frosting should end up light and fluffy.
- Use as you would any other frosting. Enjoy.
The act of whipping this frosting does actually make a difference to the texture and taste. It's like taking a canister of store bought frosting and beating it. You'd be amazed at the difference.