September 4, 2019
Peanut Butter Crack
- 1 Sleeve saltine crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter optional
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- nuts or sprinkles for top if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one sleeve of saltines in flexiflat to create the base. (one sleeve fits perfectly on the bottom.
- In small sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Continue stiring until mixture is bubbling and starting to pull from sides of pot. Pour over the saltines.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- If adding peanut butter: In the microwave or stovetop, heat up peanut butter until it is pourable. This will make it easier to spread out. Pour over saltines and caramel sauce after it's baked in the oven. If needed spread with a knife. (skip this if you don't want peanut butter)
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes. You want the chips to be soft so that you can spread them out with a knife.
- Once the chocolate has been spread top with your favorite nuts or sprinkles for a little extra. Let cool completely. Break up the crack and enjoy.
Author: Gardening Foodies
Filed Under: Gardening Foodies Blog Posts, Learning to cook at home
Tags: bon COOK